Lemon Cake Roll Recipe
This Lemon Cake Roll is not your average dessert. This luscious lemony treat takes the idea of “cake” and puts a twist on it! This elegant cake roll would be the delicious addition to your Easter festivities. The light lemon flavor adds a feel of Spring!
Making one of these rolls is easier than it looks, too!
This Lemon Cake Roll is perfect for rounding out a special meal. It has a very light and soft lemon taste. I like to put it into the freezer for just a bit to just chill it before I serve it and it turns out perfect! It has a light feel to it, so it’s a delicious solution after a stressful day. The texture of the light cream filling compliments the airy texture of the cake fantastically.
It looks so pretty it will impress your friends and family plus it looks like it took hours to make! BUT… It is easier to make than it looks. You are basically just letting the thin layer of cake cool then frosting it and rolling it up! Sprinkle it with powdered sugar for a bit of a decorative flair. To serve just slice it in about one inch slices (thicker if desired). If you are expecting a crowd this Holiday season, this is a great recipe to make ahead and freeze it in by wrapping it in foil or airtight container. Then just pull it out of the freezer and serve! This would be a fun dessert for an Easter Brunch or Dinner for a bit of a whimsy Spring treat.
- 2-tier nonstick cooling racks for cookies, pies, and cakes
- Durable chrome construction with narrow grid pattern
- 4 stable feet keep pastries raised above the counter
- Ensures air circulation underneath for proper cooling
- Set of 2
Lemon Cake Roll Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat eggs with electric mixer on high speed, about 3 minutes or until very thick and lemon-colored.
- Continue beating on high speed, gradually add sugar, about 1 minute more.
- Stop and scrape bowl.
- Add water, vanilla and lemon extract.
- Turn to medium speed and beat about 30 seconds.
- Continuing on medium speed, gradually add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat about 30 seconds, or until batter is smooth.
- Line a long, shallow baking pan (preferably 15 1/2-inches by 10 1/2-inches by 1-inch) with waxed paper, aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Grease well.
- Pour batter into pan, spreading to corners.
- Bake in preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately turn cake onto a towel dusted with powdered sugar.
- Remove paper or foil.
- Roll cake and towel together, starting on the short side.
- Once rolled, cool completely on wire rack.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and grated lemon zest in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat all ingredients on medium speed about 1 1/2 minutes, or until well mixed.
- When cake is completely cool, unroll and remove the towel.
- Spread with lemon filling, then re-roll and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve chill and serve.