We are huge fans of pasta in our house and lasagna definitely is at the top of that list. Honestly though I don’t always feel like making a traditional lasagna, but sometimes I still want to enjoy one of the best comfort foods around. That is what makes these little lasagna cupcakes so amazing! Not only are they delicious, but they are also super simple to make and the perfect size. There really is something about individual servings of some of our favorite meals that make them even more amazing. Plus, the crispiness of the wonton wrappers adds an awesome dimension to this dish that you didn’t know it needed, but you’re so glad to have it. Even if you are not a fan of meat lasagna you can easily omit the meat and increase your cheeses to turn it into a purely cheese lasagna. You could also swap out the ground beef for some Italian sausage to give you a little added variety. Personally, I also feel like cleanup is so much easier with these lasagna cupcakes then baking a traditional lasagna in a pan. If your house is like mine then you end up with left overs remaining in the dish you baked your lasagna in sitting in your refrigerator. Then after a few days when the lasagna is finally all gone you really have to use some elbow grease to scrub it out. I know I am not the only one who appreciates easier cleanup. These little lasagna cupcakes really are something you and your family are sure to fall in love with. You still get all of the ooey gooey goodness and cheesiness of lasagna without all the extra hassle of making it the traditional way. Plus, you don’t have to worry about cutting a pan into squares because everything is already portioned out!
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces Ricotta cheese
- (optional) basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Brown beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut wonton wrappers into circle shapes using a biscuit cutter or using the top of a drinking glass.
- You can cut several at a time.
- Reserve 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 6 tablespoon mozzarella for the top of you cupcakes.
- Start layering your lasagna cupcakes.
- Begin with a wonton wrapper and press it into the bottom of each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, Ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with a little meat sauce and marinara sauce.
- Use around 1-2 teaspoons of all the ingredients
- depending on your personal preference.
- Repeat layers ending with marinara sauce.
- Top with reserved Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- To remove use a knife to loosen the edges then pop each lasagna out.
- Garnish with basil and serve.