- My biggest trick in getting grilled cheese sandwiches to melt the cheese, but not burn the bread is to bring your cheese to room temperature before you start cooking. I usually do this by slicing off enough slices of cheese, then covering it with plastic wrap so it doesn't get hard. It only takes 15-20 minutes to warm it up.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with butter.
- Add cheese, and place on hot frying pan (I usually do it on my 11-Inch Square Griddle at Medium heat. Just make sure your pan is hot before you start grilling)
- Flip sandwiches every 2-3 minutes, until golden brown on both sides, and cheese is melted.
- Remove to cutting board and let cool 3-5 minutes, then cut out faces with Wilton Pumpkin Fun Face Cookie Cutters. If you don't let the sandwiches cool down, the cheese will spill out into the cut part.
- Serve warm, and enjoy! (We almost always eat grilled cheese with tomato soup!)