- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced red onion
- 8 ounces bow-tie pasta
- 12 ounces large frozen shrimp
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley, diced fresh tomato, and Parmesan for garnish (optional)
- On saute setting, heat oil and add onion. Saute until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add bow-tie pasta, shrimp, chicken broth, garlic, and Old Bay Seasoning. Secure the pressure cooker lid and set to cook on manual, high pressure for 7 minutes. Note that the cooker may take about 15 minutes or so to come to pressure, then the cooking timer will start. When cooking time is done, do a quick release to release the pressure.
- Set the pressure cooker to saute mode and stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan, and flour. Salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle garnish over top, if using, and serve.
In place of heavy cream, low-fat milk and 1 teaspoon additional flour can be used.