- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 to 4 pound boneless pork roast, cut into quarters or cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce (plus, about 1 cup more for serving)
- 1 cup chicken broth (or water)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the smoked paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, pepper, ground mustard, and Kosher salt. Add the pork pieces and toss until evenly coated with the spice rub. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Add the oil to your Instant Pot and set to "Saute." When the oil is hot, add a single layer of pork pieces and brown them on all sides. Repeat with remaining pieces of pork, if needed, until all of the pork is seared/browned. Careful, don't let the drippings in the pot burn!
- Place the browned pork, chicken broth, and 1 cup of BBQ sauce into the Instant Pot. Cook on manual setting, high pressure for 60 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally when cooking time is finished.
- Remove just the pork from the pot and shred. If pork does not shred easily, put it back in Instant Pot and cook for another 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, set pot to "Saute" and let sauce simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thickened and reduced by at least half.
- Once sauce has reduced, skim fat off the top, if needed. Add shredded pork back into sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with sandwich/hamburger buns, if desired, and top shredded pork with your favorite BBQ sauce.