- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2-3 cloves, minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add the salsa verde, honey, liquid smoke, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin, garlic, paprika, and pepper to the Instant Pot and whisk together. Nestle the chicken into the sauce.
- Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then manually quick release the remaining pressure.
- Shred the chicken right in the pot. Stir in the fresh cilantro. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Serving ideas: tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salad, quesadillas, nachos, over rice, etc.
Slow Cooker Cooking Instructions: Cook on low for 6-7 hours. If mixture starts to look dry during cooking, add 1/2 cup or so of chicken broth. Everything else is the same as the instructions above!