How Cathy Does Spaghetti Dinner
With all the chances for free pasta in the past several months, you’re probably well stocked. I’m a boring cook and we have spaghetti every week. In fact, I’m so boring, I made it for one of our meals when we got together with my entire family (41 of us!) a few weeks ago at the old family cabin.
My sister in law (she teaches me a lot!) told me that they love to do half ground beef and half sausage in her spaghetti sauce. It sounded good, so I prepared it that way and it was delicious!
I also love to put fresh parmasean cheese or mozzerella cheese (or even an italian cheese blend) on top of the sauce.
And for the bread, my sister Jennifer taught me this yummy alternative to garlic bread:
- Buy an Albertsons French Bread loaf (my favorite and a close 2nd place is the french bread from Maverick)
- Slice and place on a large cookie sheet
- spread cream cheese on bread
- cover with a slice of medium cheddar cheese
- sprinkle garlic salt (or if you’re really in the mood, melt some butter and mix with garlic salt and put it on before the cream cheese)
- warm in the oven and then broil the last few minutes until toasted just the way you like it!
How do YOU like to jazz up your spaghetti dinner?