We are fudgesicle fans at our house! After already finishing the second “Family Size” pack from the store this summer, I decided to find a cheaper way to re-create one our favorite treats. I’ve tried and tweaked a few different versions and I think this is the best one so far!
You can find more popcicle molds here!
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups whole milk
- Combine the sugar, flour and cocoa in a medium size sauce pan. Add milk in slowly, wisking to combine over medium heat.
- Heat until the mixture thickens (about 2-4 minutes over medium heat) while stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture into a measuring cup or bowl with a spout to make it easier to pour into the popsicle mold. I like to use a funnel so I don't make such a big mess. Pour into the popsicle mold up to designated fill line.
- This makes 4-6 fudgesicles depending on how much you taste along the way 😉 Freeze overnight.
- Run the outside of the popsicle mold under luke warm water for about 15-30 seconds to loosen the fudgesicles for easy release.