- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (3 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle beater or electric mixer, combine cheese, butter, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper until it starts to stick to the sides of the bowl, about 1 minute.
- Add flour and cornstarch and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix briefly until dough ball forms. Add another tablespoon of water, if needed.
- Transfer dough to floured counter and flatten into a disc. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Unwrap the dough and place on a floured surface. Roll to 1/16 inch thickness.
- Cut into 1-inch squares using a beveled-edge ravioli cutter or pizza cutter. Transfer to baking sheets. Use a fork to make crimp marks on edges, if desired. Use the blunt end of a skewer to poke a hole in the center of each square. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Bake until light golden around the edges, about 18 minutes, switching racks and rotating sheets halfway through baking. Let cool completely on baking sheets.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.