- 2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries or fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, applesauce, butter, and egg. Beat well. Add your berries or fruit and stir well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into a sprayed casserole dish, similar in size to 8x8, 9x9, or 8x11 baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with milk or cream.