- 2 lbs fresh apricots, halved, pitted and cut up (4 cups blended about 8 apricots)
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup or 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Puree apricots and water in blender. Pour into large saucepan.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and corn syrup. Stir over medium high heat until sugar dissolves and it comes to a boil. Boil and stir for 5 minutes. Skim the frothy bubbles from the top.
- Pour into hot sterilized canning jars to within 1/4 inch of the top. Place sterilized metal lids on jars and screw metal bands on securely. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
See this site for latest canning guidelines: https://nchfp.uga.edu/publications/publications_usda.html
Makes 2 quarts of syrup