- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M's Easter candies
- 12 plastic snap-apart 3 x 2 Easter eggs
- Frosting or decorating gel or sprinkles (optional)
- Clean, then coat the inside of the plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the rice cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using greased hands, firmly press about 1/4 cup of rice krispies mixture into each half of each plastic egg. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from egg molds and place on wax paper.
- Place about 6 M&M's candies in one half of each egg. Gently press the two halves of each egg together until they stick. Decorate with frosting and additional candies, if desired. Let cool completely.
- Best if served the same day.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.