- 6 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1/2 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, coconut, sunflower seeds, flaxseed, and wheat germ.
- Melt the virgin coconut oil and mix in the honey. Pour over the oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Then pour the mixture onto the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then stir it and bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the granola cool. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 12 cups.
- To assemble, layer yogurt, then granola, then fruit, and repeat.