- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c quick or old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c frozen blueberries
- 2 tsp flour
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, yogurt and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and applesauce and beat well. In a blender or food processor, process the oats until they are finely ground. Add the wheat flour, baking soda and salt and pulse one or two times until the dry ingredients are lightly combined. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the lightly mashed bananas. Sitr in the milk and vanilla. Toss the blueberries with the 2 tsps flour and then very gently fold them into the muffin batter. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20-22 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.