- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax-seed meal
- 1 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- Toppings (optional): chopped nuts, chocolate chips, fresh fruit, raisins, dried fruit
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey together in large mixing bowl. Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix until well combined with wet ingredients. Pour in milk and mix well.
- Lightly spray (2) 12 count muffin tins with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners and pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups. (Mixture will yield 18-24 muffins depending on how full you fill each tin.) Add toppings. If you are using fresh or frozen fruit, you can drop it into the batter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and serve warm or place in gallon freezer bags and freeze.