- 3 to 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, onion, oil, ginger, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag, and let marinate in the refrigerator for about 6 hours.
- Drain the liquid from the bag.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes each side, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, tent with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into strips and serve.
Marinade recipe yields about 2 1/4 cups.