- 5 cups tortilla chips
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 cups finely shredded cheese (Mexican blend or Colby-Monterey Jack)
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spray a 30x18-inch piece of heavy duty foil with cooking spray. Spread tortilla chips on center of foil.
- Mix sausage, chilies, and seasoning mix together in a medium bowl. Spoon the sausage mixture over the chips. Top with tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Wrap foil securely around the tortilla chips and toppings. Cover and grill foil packet, seam side up, 4-6 inches from medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
To double this recipe, just use this same recipe, but in an additional foil packet.