Chicken and Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons oil
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, light or regular
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh limes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, light or regular
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lime zest, lime juice, cumin, coriander, soy sauce, salt, sugar, curry powder, coconut milk, and cayenne pepper. Place the chicken in a large resealable bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 8 hours.
- For the coconut rice, bring the rice, coconut milk, water and salt to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-16 minutes until the liquid is mostly evaporated. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork and serving.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side (actual time will depend on the thickness of the chicken).
- While the chicken is cooking, pour the marinade into a small or medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the grilled chicken on a serving platter or plate. Drizzle with sauce (reserve the remaining sauce to serve separately) and sprinkle fresh cilantro over the top. Serve with lime wedges and additional sauce.