Chicken and Marinade:
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into large pieces
- 1 large onion (red, white, or yellow), cut into large pieces
- You can also add white button mushrooms, fresh pineapple chunks, zucchini, etc.
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, pepper, garlic, and oil. Measure out 1/4 cup of marinade and refrigerate covered to use later when grilling. Place the cubed chicken and half of remaining marinade into a large resealable bag. Place vegetables and remaining marinade in another large bag. Seal the bags and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers and alternate the vegetables on separate skewers.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and grill the chicken skewers, flipping every few minutes, until chicken is cooked through, about 7-10 minutes. The vegetable skewers will only need a few minutes per side. Use the reserved marinade to brush over the chicken and veggies during the final minutes of cooking. Serve immediately.