- 2-3 pounds sirloin steak tips, trimmed
- lemon wedges
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag.
- Add beef to bag and toss to coat.
- Press out as much air as possible and seal the bag.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, flipping bag halfway through.
Gas Grill Instructions:
- Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill for about 15 minutes.
- Clean and oil the cooking grate.
- Remove beef from bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place steak on grill and cook with lid down until well browned on first side, about 4 minutes.
- Flip steak and continue to cook until meat registers 120-125 (for medium-rare) or 130-135 (for medium), 6 to 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer steak to carving board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice steak thin on a bias, if desired, and serve with lemon wedges.