Green Velvet Cupcakes
If you love Red Velvet then you will love these Green Velvet Cupcakes just in time for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations! These are a fun way to celebrate the day with a festive treat!
These cupcakes are just a clever coloring variation of the normal Red Velvet Recipes. I saw this on Bakerella and decided to give it a try. The cupcakes are moist and so yummy! Plus, they are green and what is better on St. Patrick’s day than something green!
I frosted these with a cream cheese frosting and they were delicious! Add a few green sprinkles to the top and you have a treat fit for the day! I did have to use a lot of green food coloring and I still probably could have used more so make sure you are stocked with green food coloring before starting these. I love how just adding different colors of food coloring can change this recipe into a treat for any holiday!
Treats at my house do not last long and these were no exception. The kiddos loved them! I don’t have time for fussy complicated recipes so this one was perfect! I think this will be one of my staple recipes!
Ships Free with Amazon Prime (Try a FREE Membership)
- Great for St. Patrick’s day cookies cakes cupcakes ice cream and much more!
- This package of Wilton Sprinkles contains one 3oz/85g plastic jar of green and white round sprinkles measuring 5-1/4×1-3/4 inch
- These are edible and used for decorative purpose
Would you like to see more of our recipes?
Subscribe to our weekly recipe email.
Green Velvet Cupcakes
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounce green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Grease and flour two 8 inch cake pans.
- Lightly stir eggs in a medium bowl with a wire whisk.
- Add remaining liquid ingredients and stir together with whisk until blended.
- Set aside.
- Place all the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and stir together really good with another wire whisk.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium-high for about a minute or until completely combined.
- Pour into cake pans and then drop the pans on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- After about ten minutes, remove from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Then frost with your favorite frosting