- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 can of green chilies (4 oz)
- 6 oz of Sprite
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a medium bowl.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Pour the salsa mixture on top and cook on low for about 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred or cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Then return it to the slow cooker and cook for 1 more hour.
- To thicken the sauce, remove the chicken, dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons water, then stir it into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker with the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve on a salad, in a tortilla, or taco with fixings.
If you prefer it spicier, add a hotter salsa and more green chilies.