- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or ginger paste
- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, in husks
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the glaze ingredients and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until the glaze slightly thickens, 5-7 minutes. Keep the glaze warm.
- Pull the corn husks back from the ears, but do not break them off. Remove and discard the corn silk. Peel off 6 long strips of corn husk, about 1/2-inch wide. On each ear, gather the husks together and use the strips to tie the husks back for a handle.
- Brush the glaze all over the exposed corn. Grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, letting the husk handles extend over indirect heat so they don't burn. Cook the corn until it is browned in spots and tender, 10-15 minutes, turning several times. Transfer to a platter and baste with remaining glaze.