- 6 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning packet (about 1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional), plus more for topping
- Garnishes: salsa, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc
- Brown the ground beef and drain, if needed. Add the taco seasoning as instructed by the package.
- Add the rice, onions, beans, corn, and cheese (if using) and stir it all together.
- Slice the tops off the peppers and clean out the inside, then stuff them with the ground beef mixture and top with cheese.
- This recipe should make enough for 6 peppers, but it will depend on their size.
- Wrap each pepper individually with 2 layers of plastic wrap and 1 layer of foil.
- Place in baking dish or on a baking sheet and freeze until firm.
- Transfer to resealable freezer bag and freeze.
- Once you are ready to serve these, defrost them in the refrigerator (probably about 24 hours), then bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve plain or topped with salsa and sour cream.