- 8 oz. uncooked pasta
- 1(7.25-oz.) jar roasted red bell peppers, well drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast cut in chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cook pasta to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, combine roasted peppers, milk, flour and salt; blend until smooth.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, red bell peppers, and red onion; cover and cook 10 minutes or until browned, fork-tender and juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add roasted pepper mixture to skillet; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in oil. Serve sauce over chicken and pasta.
- Bag the cooked chicken (after cooling).
- In a separate bag add pepper cream sauce (after cooling).
- In a third bag put the stripped red bell pepper.
- Place all 3 bags in a gallon freezer bag.
- Put uncooked pasta in the pantry until ready to make it.
- Defrost the bags of chicken, sauce and peppers.
- Add to warm skillet and heat over medium heat until peppers are tender and sauce has thickened.
- Cook pasta to desired tenderness.
- You can add additional vegetables if you desire.
- I added some snow peas.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese.