- 5 cups blended oatmeal (Measure after blended)
- 2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 24 oz. chocolate chips
- 1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (coarsely cut up)
- 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice) I love ALMONDS
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Blend oatmeal until it reaches a fine powder consistency, measure out 5 cups and set aside.
- Cream together butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix with paddle attachment until well incorporated.
- Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Preparing For the Freezer:
- Lay your cookie dough out like a tube about 3 inches in diameter across a sheet of aluminum foil. I make these tubes about 12 inches long. I do not want them too long to fit in my freezer.
Prepare after Freezing:
- Simply slice frozen cookie dough in 1/2 inch slices on place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Try adding white chocolate chips, butterscotch, M&M’s or other toppings.