Fiesta Skillet Recipe
Looking for healthy and easy dish for supper?
Then check out this vegetable skillet recipe that is ready in just 25 minutes! Plus, use up some of that garden zucchini, squash, onions and carrots!
This is a fabulously easy and yummy one pan dinner. The carrots take the longest to cooks so you can make it even quicker by using baby carrots and cut them in half. As it is, the spiciness is just right but you can put the whole packet of taco seasoning in if you want to ramp it up. This would be a great pot luck recipe just keep it warm in a crockpot.
This is a fantastic way to use up the produce in your garden. It is easy to make and versatile enough that you could adapt the recipe to meet the needs of pickier eaters.
Farberware Skillet Set Triple Pack with Stainless Handles $19.99 (was $29.99)
Ships Free with Amazon Prime (Try a FREE Membership)
One of the most used shapes in cooking, you’ll want to outfit your kitchen with skillets in a variety of sizes. This triple pack will get you started. The sloped sides let foods slide out easily, and the nonstick surface makes cleanup effortless. Use the smaller pan for frying a few eggs, grilling a hot ham and cheese, or making “silver dollar” pancakes, and use the larger pan for searing steaks, sautéing vegetables, or creating one-dish meals.
- Includes: 8″, 10″ & 11″ Skillets
- Inside/outside nonstick coating provides fat free cooking and effortless clean up.
- Even heating means no hot spots.
- Stainless steel handles are securely riveted to the pan and are oven safe to 500°F.
- Dishwasher safe.
Fiesta Skillet Recipe
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4- inch-thick
- slices (3/4 cup)
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/4-
- inch-thick slices (3/4 cup)
- 8 oz Smoked Beef Sausage
- 1 (11-oz.) can vacuum-packed whole kernel corn
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix (half of 1 1/4-oz. pkg.)
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add Sausage, carrots and onion; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, adding 2 to 3 tablespoons water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover; let stand until cheese is melted.