- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- ½ c. finely chopped onion
- 3 c. frozen potatoes cubes
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground sausage thoroughly in pan. Add onion and carrots and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer for 20 minute. Check and stir often. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top, cover with a lid to let the cheese melt, then serve!
If you're making this as a freezer meal, only cook up the sausage, carrots, and onions. Then put those in a freezer bag. On cooking day, let that mixture thaw then heat it in the skillet and add the frozen potatoes (probably still in the bag from teh store) until heated through. Top with cheese, let it melt, and enjoy!