- 3 cans salmon
- 1 1/4 cups crushed ritz crackers
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp chives
- 2 tsp dill
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- lemon juice
- oil for frying
To Prepare for Freezing
- In a small freezer bag combine red pepper, chives, dill, lemons juice and tabasco.
- Label a sleeve of Ritz crackers and 3 cans of salmon for the pantry.
- On hand: 2 eggs and oil.
- In a medium bowl break up the canned salmon with a fork.
- Add about 1 cup cracker meal and work through the fish.
- Add the eggs, pepper, chives, dill, tabasco, and lemon juice.
- If the mixture is too wet add more cracker meal.
- Form 3-inch patties about 1 inch thick.
- You should have 8-10 cakes.
- Fry in hot oil in a single layer until golden, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.