- 12 frozen Rhodes Texas rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
- 1 packet taco seasoning or homemade recipe (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- sour cream
Preparing for the Freezer:
- Brown the ground beef with the onion. Add the taco seasoning per instructions on packet or taco seasoning recipe. Let cool and place in a freezer bag. Portion cheese into a bag. Place both bags into a bag with the frozen rolls.
Prepare after Freezing:
- Thaw rolls. Heat ground beef and add rinsed pinto beans, until warmed through. In a large skillet or saucepan, heat frying oil on medium high heat or to about 375 degrees F. Flatten thawed roll dough into 6-inch circles; fry each side until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Serve fried bread with toppings of ground beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, avocado, olives etc.
Feel free to skip the freezing part! Just thaw and fry the roll dough, brown the ground beef with onion, add beans to the beef, and prepare the toppings.