- 2 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- ½ Cup finely diced white onions
- ½ Cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 12 oz can chunk chicken, drained
- ¼ Cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Verde Salsa (I use Herdez brand)
- 2 Tablespoons prepared ranch dressing
- ½ package wonton wrappers (I used the brand Nasoya, found in produce section of grocery store)
- 1 egg white whisked with 2 Tablespoons water
- Heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onions and bell pepper for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in garlic for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- In large bowl add onion mixture, chicken, cilantro, salsa, ranch, salt and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- Place 1 Tablespoon chicken mixture in center of wonton wrapper.
- Brush bottom edge with egg white wash, fold over filling and press edges together firmly, forming a triangle shape.
- 2 options of cooking:
- (1) Place about 1 inch of canola or vegetable oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot, place 4 wontons at a time into oil.
- Cook 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- (2) Place wontons on a baking sheet; bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until crispy, flipping once half way through cooking.
- Serve with Ranch dressing or salsa if desired.
- Prepare as stated above.
- Place wontons in freezer bag and freeze.
TO PREPARE AFTER FREEZING:
- Bake from frozen at 350 for 15 minutes