Easy Chocolate Truffles
- 8 ounces, weight (up To 9 Oz.) Good Semisweet Chocolate chips
- 8 ounces, weight (up To 9 Oz.) Good Bittersweet Chocolate chips or bar
- 1 can (14 Oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 8 ounces, weight Meltable Milk Chocolate or
use 8 oz chocolate chips plus 2 tbs shortening and 2 tsp shortening (melt together and mix well)
- Sea Salt, or sprinkles, or cocoa powder…you get the idea
Heat dark chocolates and condensed milk in a pan over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted. Stir—mixture will have a slight marshmallow texture. Stir in vanilla.
Remove from heat, cover and refrigerate for two hours.
Once chilled, roll in balls, then roll in melted milk chocolate coating. Sprinkle with sea salt or other fine, coarse sprinkles.
To make snowman truffles:
- Coat with powdered sugar, stack two on top of each other
- Use an orange sprinkle for the nose, and black sprinkles for the eyes.
- To make the hats, use a mini Hershey’s chocolate chips, pasted on with a little frosting.
To make Reindeer truffles:
- Roll in coco powder
- Break pretzels into pieces for antlers
- use a red mini m&m for the nose
- a little white frosting for the eyes and chocolate sprinkles for the pupils.
Thanks to my friend Sarah Mundt for this AMAZING, easy, fun recipe!