Supplies you will need:
- 10-inch dutch oven
- 21 charcoals
- tongs to move hot coals
- mixing and serving spoon
- charcoal lighter basket
- dutch oven lid lifter
- 16 ounces pasta, cooked al dente (we use elbow macaroni)
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 to 2 (14.5-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, depending on preference
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces shredded cheese, plus extra for topping
- Before you leave home for camp, cook the pasta to al dente. Cook the ground beef, and drain grease, if needed.
- Heat coals on the fire.
- In a 10-inch dutch oven, stir together the cooked pasta, cooked ground beef, stewed tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce.
- Place dutch oven over 7 hot coals in a checkerboard pattern. Cover oven and put 14 hot coals on top. This will give you about 320 degrees.
- Cook 25 minutes. Remove lid and stir in shredded cheese; cover for 5 more minutes.
- Top with more shredded cheese before serving, if desired. Serve with salad and bread.