- 12" Dutch oven
- 1 lb pizza dough or tube of refrigerated pizza dough
- pizza sauce
- shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese
- pizza toppings
- If using a fire blanket, lay it out where you are going to bake your pizza, then place a thin layer of dirt over the top of it.
- Place 29 charcoal briquettes on the fire blanket and then light them to preheat.
- On a Dutch oven liner, roll or press out your pizza dough to the size of the bottom of the Dutch oven, about 12 inches in diameter.
- Once the briquettes are ready, remove 19 for the top of the Dutch oven. Leave 10 for below the oven.
- Allow to bake & check pizza after 12 minutes, then bake until golden brown on the bottom center of the crust.
Use less dough for a 10" oven. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the dough and size of the oven.