- 4 pounds pork roasts (2 out of the 4 pork roasts that Costco sells)
- 1/3 cup your favorite BBQ rub
- 1 can of Dr. Pepper
- 1 18 oz bottle BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle the BBQ rub liberally all over the pork and rub it in. Do this the night before, if desired.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker. Pour the can of Dr. Pepper over the pork. (You can use whatever kind of cola you like, or even apple juice.)
- Cook on low for 8 hours in slow cooker.
- Shred the pork. Stir the shredded meat all together with the juices in the slow cooker. Then add BBQ sauce, as little or as much as you would like.
- Serve on large buns or sliders. For true Texas style, add coleslaw over the top of the meat with a side of beans!
Costco sells a four pack of pork roasts and each roast is about 2 to 3 pounds. This recipe is written as if you used one of these pork roasts (and serves 8). This one is super easy to double and freeze some for later or enjoy leftovers!
Because of the carbonation, we don't recommend cooking this meal in an instant pot. However, you could use apple juice as your liquid and it will cook in the instant pot just fine!