- 4 pounds pork roasts (2 out of the 4 pork roasts that Costco sells)
- 1/3 cup BBQ rub
- 1 can of Dr. Pepper
- 1 18 oz bottle BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle the BBQ rub liberally all over the pork and rub it in. Do this the night before, if desired.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker. Pour the can of Dr. Pepper over the pork. (You can use whatever kind of cola you like, or even apple juice.)
- Cook on low for 8 hours in slow cooker.
- Shred the pork. Stir the shredded meat all together with the juices in the slow cooker. Then add BBQ sauce, as little or as much as you would like.
- Serve on large buns or sliders. For true Texas style, add coleslaw over the top of the meat with a side of beans!