Dinner Idea: Hawaiian Haystacks
I’ve got a dinner idea for you…
I threw these together last week for dinner and 8 out of 9 of us LOVED them (picky little 8 year old disagreed)! I usually like to jazz up my sauce with a little sour cream, but was all out so I just pulled out a can of cream of chicken soup and added some milk until it was the consistency that I liked.
- Cooked Rice – enough for your family
- Sauce (Cream of chicken soup and milk… you can add broth, sour cream…)
- Chicken – today I just baked some Zaycon Foods Breaded Chicken Tenders and then diced them up (we’ve found these are most tasty when they are baked for 25 minutes at 425 degrees). I also like to use left over chicken!
- Cheese (I’m stocked up thanks to Fred Meyer a few weeks ago!)
- Pineapple (I have cans in my pantry from last year. Fresh would be delicious too!)
- Mandarin Oranges (in my stockpile)
- Fresh Diced Tomatoes
- Coconut (I still have some from Christmas baking)
- Almond Slices (we have nut allergies in our house, otherwise these would be on here!)
- Diced Green Peppers
- Chow Mein Noodles (I didn’t have any on hand, but the crispy breaded chicken made up for it)
- Avocado (hubs forgot to grab this from the store when he snagged the tomatoes!)
- Green Onions
- Dried Cranberries or Raisins
What are some of your favorite topping ideas?
Do you have a delicious must have sauce recipe? Share in the comments!