1 cake mix of choice
1 can of frosting
1 10oz package of mini marshmallows
24 chocolate goldfish or tootsie rolls or black gumdrops
- Make the cupcakes according to directions on the package.
- Frost the cupcakes after cooling, be very liberal with the frosting, create a rounded mound of frosting in the center.
- Arrange the mini marshmallows on the frosting by pressing them into the frosting gently to adhere them. (the more disorganized the marshmallows are the more realistic they look)
- Create the head of the lamb by flattening gumdrops to 1/4-inch thickness, using palm of hand. Poke holes into gumdrops for nostrils. Attach candy eyes and licorice pieces for ears, using frosting to adhere.
- Attach 1 lamb face on front 1/3 of each cupcake.
- If you decide to use tootsie rolls for the faces soften for a few seconds in the microwave. Mold them into oval shapes and follow the direction for the gumdrops. The goldfish are quite small but work perfectly for mini cupcakes as the face, just add eyes!