- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken (2 breasts)
- 1 packet (.7 ounces) Italian dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 can (10.5 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle Italian mix over the chicken. Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter over the chicken as well.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the cream of chicken soup, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Stir until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the slow cooker and cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Shred the chicken, if desired. Serve over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes.
You can add broccoli or a mixed frozen veggie with the chicken.