- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c buttermilk (or use 1 TBS of vinegar and fill the measuring cup up to 1-1/4 cups of milk)
- 2 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar until well combined.
- Then combine the sugar mixture with the egg mixture.
- When that is combined, fold it into the flour mixture until blended.
- Cook over medium high heat until pancakes start to bubble to the top, then flip and cook until done.
This recipe will make enough to feed 4 people. I doubled it for my large family (there were 8 of us eating) and we barely had enough. I used a 1/3 measuring cup to pour the batter to the griddle.