- 12 cups popped plain popcorn (about 1/2 cup un-popped kernels)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 squares almond bark (about 6 oz)
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Place popcorn and pecan in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium microwave safe bowl (at least 2 quart size). Mix well. Cut the butter into chunks and place on top of the sugar mixture. Pour corn syrup over it all. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave for another 2 minutes. Stir. Microwave for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add the vanilla and baking soda. Stir to combine. Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and stir well to coat.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto a foil or silicone lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven and spread the popcorn out on a large piece of parchment, waxed paper, or greased/sprayed foil.
- Melt the almond bark according to the package instructions. Drizzle it over the popcorn. Let the almond bark cool until it is set and hardened. The break the popcorn apart and enjoy!