For the Chicken:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 cup or 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen corn or 1 can
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin salt and pepper to taste
For the Soup:
- 1 Cup onion chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1/2 small Jalapeno Pepper (Add more if you like it spicy)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Garlic minced
- 1 Lime
- 2 1/2 Cups Zucchini cut bite size (2 small)
- 12 Cups chicken broth
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips
- 1. Place all ingredients for Chicken in the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4 hours). Shred chicken after it has cooked.
- 2. Add oil to a saute pan. Over medium heat saute onion, pepper and garlic for 3 minutes.
- 3. Add cilantro and zucchini to the pan and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 4. Squeeze lime over the vegetables and saute another 5 minutes.
- 5. Meanwhile prepare your chicken stock in a large stock pan.
- 6. Add vegetable mix and half of the chicken mixture to the broth and stir. Reserve the other half of the chicken mixture to make chicken tacos.
- 7. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro and cheese if desired.