- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, homemade or canned
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
For Dipping the bottom of the cookies
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
For Drizzling on top of the cookies
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, flour and salt. Add milk and vanilla; mix well. Add creme de menthe baking chips (batter will be stiff). Scoop tablespoonfuls 1-inch apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks, let cool.
- Melt milk chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl on full power, 30 seconds. Stir and then continue for 15 second intervals until chocolate is smooth and creamy. Dip bottoms of macaroons in milk chocolate and place on parchment or silicone covered baking sheet.
- In a zip-top bag, melt vanilla chips in microwave oven using high power at 15 second intervals. When chocolate is melted, add extract and food color. Knead bag to distribute color. Take a small snip off the corner of the bag, and drizzle chocolate over the tops of the cookies.
- Refrigerate cookies until bottoms and chocolate mint drizzle is set. Enjoy!
To make these cookies gluten free, simply use gluten free flour.