- 1 Brownie Mix package
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Caramel Recipe
- Kosher Salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- 3. Form balls with the dough and place them on baking sheet as pictured. I like to use a silicone baking sheet so that my cookies bake more evenly.
- 4. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
- 5. While cookie bake make the Caramel Recipe.
- 6. Allow cookies to cool. You want to add the caramel to the top while the caramel is still warm and runny. I did some of my hearts free hand with a spoon. I poured a pile on one side of the cookie for one side of the heart and brought it down to a point and them poured the other side. If you allow your caramel to cool further you can pipe it through a pastry bag or a plastic bag. I just cut a hole in a plastic bag to do some of mine. If your caramel gets too set up and hard to work with try microwaving for another 30 second to 1 minute.
- 7. Sprinkle a little pinch of kosher salt on the caramel before it sets up.