Chicken with Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – diced
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers packed in oil, undrained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, mushrooms, and garlic until onions are tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken and turkey bacon until chicken juices run clear and bacon is browned and crisp. Return the onion mixture to the skillet, mix in the peas, and reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, while preparing the red pepper and sour cream sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the roasted red peppers and oil until heated through.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream and evaporated milk. Heat in the microwave on High for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the red peppers and the sour cream mixture until smooth. Pour over the chicken mixture in the skillet.
Recipe from Allrecipes.com