Chicken & Veggie Mini Pies
Meat & veggie mixture
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 large uncooked chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (I use Zaycon chicken!)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas (we like peas at our house so I used 2 cups! You can pretty much use whatever veggies you like.)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I only used about 1/2 a cup in this batch because that’s all I had)
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
1) Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray regular size 12 ct muffin tin with cooking spray.
2) In a non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium/high. Cook chicken 5-7 minutes or until there is no pink left in the middle. Add chopped onion and cook another 2 or 3 minutes. Add corn and peas until mixture is heated through. Cool 5 minutes then stir in grated cheese and let melt.
3) In a medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with a whisk until blended. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup of the chicken/veggie mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the baking mixture on top of the chicken/veggie mixture in each cup.
4) Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and tops are slightly golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Using a knife, loosen the pies from the pan and place on cooling rack. Cool another 10 minutes and serve! I topped mine with a little more grated cheese to melt. Delish!
I haven’t done it myself yet, but Betty Crocker says these little babies can be frozen! Perfect for quickly heating up in the microwave on the go, after school snacks or last minute dinners! You could even make a breakfast version. I’m thinking I’ll try a taco version next time…
How would you customize these?
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker