Chicken Berry Salad
I’ve been on a berry kick lately, so I had a lot of extra berries this week (from Albertsons and HCP) and I was looking for a recipe to use them in for dinner. I usually don’t like sweet salads, but I loved this one! Something about the berries with the chicken was divine! Hope you enjoy it is much as I did.
- 1 (.75 ounce) packet honey mustard salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- In a medium bowl, prepare the dressing according to package directions, using vinegar and oil, and substituting orange juice for the water; set aside.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the chicken 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and slice into strips.
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, salad greens, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peas, and pecans. Pour in the prepared dressing, and toss to coat.
Recipe and photo courtesy of allrecipes.com.