Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
We love to make homemade pizza at our house. I taught my husband how to make pizza dough early in our marriage and he still makes it today. He only make a few things in the kitchen, spaghetti, from the box mac n’ cheese, sandwiches, eggs, from a mix pancakes and homemade pizza. The crust is so easy to make that he does not mind making it for us. So keep this in mind ladies, it is easy enough you can teach a non-cook in your family to make it too. 🙂
I have shared a few of pizza recipes before. You may have seen my homemade pizza crust recipe in this homemade pizza recipe. I have also shared my pizza crust in this easy Freezer Meal Pizza recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza. One night for dinner I came up with this Bacon Ranch Pizza and it is now my new favorite pizza! One of the things I did to make it extra delicious is put Melanie’s Garlic Bread spice mix on the crust with a little bit of butter. I love this spice mix. I keep a container of it in my fridge all the time.
Tips from the Cook:
- Cut your cilantro and green onions with these cool herb scissors. I love mine! When my mom came to visit she loved them too, so I sent her some for her birthday. Hurry these scissors are only $7 right now which is half of what you will pay in a kitchen store.
- Use a pastry brush to spread the butter on your crust. I like the silicon brushes because the bristles do not come off and get in your food. Check out this highly rated set of 3 for only $6.19!
- I like to order my bacon in bulk from Zaycon! Hurry it is on sale right now. You can not beat the price or the flavor. I fry the bacon in my oven at 400 for about 10 minutes. Then I freeze it for later. You can also store it in the fridge for several weeks. This makes it super easy to add bacon to dinner!
If you love pizza, try some more of our pizza recipes…
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Pizza Dough:
- 3 ¼-4 Cups Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Yeast
- 1 ¼ Cups Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon cornmeal (optional)
- Pizza Toppings:
- 2 breasts sliced chicken
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup bacon slices
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Butter melted
- Garlic Bread Spice Mix
- Mix flour, salt, and yeast. Add warm water and mix. Then add oil and mix.
- Knead dough until smooth and roll it out in a circle and place it on a pizza pan.
- Before placing the dough on the pizza pan, lightly spray pan with cooking spray and sprinkle it with flour or cornmeal.
- Score the dough with a fork many times across the surface.
- Bake dough for 10 minutes at 375°.
- Cover pizza crust with ranch, then cheese, and then add chicken, bacon, green onion and cilantro.
- Brush butter around the crust and sprinkle with Garlic Bread Spice Mix.
- Bake pizza at 375º for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.