Cheesecake filled strawberries are a super fast, fun way of serving dessert to a lot of people, without needing any utensils or plates! They are perfect for a BBQ or anytime! I made them last week for a Graduation party (when I remembered less than 2 hours before the party that it was a potluck), and they were gone in minutes. I think all told it took 45 minutes to make all 4 lbs, including a quick trip to the store!
Plus, you can make them gluten free or not, or both! Did I mention my 3 year old did most of the work?
I use this Stawberry Huller to hollow out the strawberries SUPER fast!
- 4 lbs Strawberries (bigger berries are better)
- 3 lbs cream cheese
- 1.5 to 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 Graham Cracker Rectangles
- Prepare the Strawberries
- Cut off tops and hollow out clean strawberries, almost all the way to the bottom, making sure to leave a complete shell.
- 4 lbs will make just over one large cookie sheet (giving you a couple of tasters!)
- Crush graham crackers (I just threw them in a ziplock and let my 3 year old go to town with a rolling pin)
- Place hollowed out strawberries in fridge to cool down while making the cheesecake filling.
- Prepare the Cheesecake
- This is a no bake Cheesecake Recipe I got from Cathy King when I was in High School, It's simple fast and easy!
- Put 3 lbs cream cheese in mixer (or bowl if using hand mixer), and add 4 tsp vanilla
- Mix powdered sugar in 1/4 cup at a time until smooth, and flavor you like (I like mine a little less sweet, so use less sugar)
- Using a pastry bag (or a ziplock with the corner cut off) put about 1/4 the cheesecake filling and fill strawberries.
- Repeat until strawberries all strawberries are filled.
- Dip tops of strawberries in crushed graham crackers (my 3 year old did this part, while I was filling them)
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Gluten Free
- To make this recipe Gluten Free, simply skip dipping the strawberries in the graham crackers.
- I had medium strawberries, and had about 1/8 cup filling left over.
- If you are using bigger strawberries, increase your recipe by 1 lb cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla.
- No need to increase the graham crackers, there were plenty left over!