My two favorite desserts are Cheesecake and Brownies. When I got the idea to mix the the two, I searched a TON of recipes. But most of them were cream cheese brownies, not cheesecake, and I really wanted the distinct flavor of both. So, I decided to use my tried and true Cheesecake recipe, and it turned out heavenly!
My daughter LOVES to help with these brownies. There is nothing in them that she can’t do (except put them in the oven), and that makes her (and me!) really happy!
Mix brownies according to package directions. Then spread in 9×13 Pyrex Dish, and make cheesecake. Add cheesecake mixture to brownies by large dollops.
Then use the flat end of the knife to marble the cheesecake into the brownies. Remember, less is more with marbling. It usually only takes 2-3 passes to get it marbled, but not mixed.
- Brownie Mix
- Eggs (according to package direction)
- Oil (according to package direction)
- Water (according to package direction)
- 2 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan.
- Prepare brownies according to package instructions, and pour into greased pan.
- Mix cream cheese together until well mixed (no lumps)
- Add powdered sugar slowly (it'll spray, so I usually mix the first couple of stirs by hand to avoid that), mix until well combined.
- Mix in Vanilla, and slowly add milk until cream cheese is smooth.
- Add cheesecake to brownie mixture by large dollops.
- Use the flat end of the knife to "mix" cheesecake. Less is more when marbling. If you stir to much, you'll end up just mixing the two together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on how gooey you like them.
- Let cool, and enjoy.