Cheddar Jalapeno Corn Bread Muffins
I was making chili for my family and wanted to try a new recipe for cornbread. Found this one and I might not make any recipe ever again. We loved it that much!
- 1-½ cup Yellow Cornmeal
- ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1-½ cup Buttermilk
- ⅓ cups Oil (vegetable Or Canola)
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 whole Jalapeño, Finely Diced (add Another For More Spice)
- ½ cups Onion, Finely Diced (optional)
- ½ cups Black Beans, Drained (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin cups or use paper liners.
In a large bowl, lightly whisk together all dry ingredients: cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Beat the eggs, buttermilk and oil together in a small bowl, then stir into dry ingredients. Mix well, but be careful to not over mix.
Add in cheese, jalapeño, onion and black beans. Stir until combined.
Fill muffin cups half full.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Photo and recipe courtesy of A Tasty Kitchen!
*If you are a jalapeno lover like we are in our family, this Jalapeno Corer is a must have: